~ Recipe 食譜~
Ingredients (2 main dish servings):
200g Conchiglioni Ragati (Note 1)
330 Italian sausage, cut into small cubes (Note 2)
200g Onion, thinly sliced
30g Capers 酸豆
5g Fresh oregano
Home-made tomato sauce
Extra-virgin olive oil
1~2 tbp red wine
1. Home-made tomato sauce: please click here for recipe and instruction.
2. Grease a 20x20cm baking dish with olive oil.
3. Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add sausages and cook until golden brown.
4. (Note 3) Add onions, reduce heat to low, and cook until the onions become very tender.
5. Preheat oven to 180C(350F).
6. (Note 4) In a large pot, add water and bring it to a rapid boil, add the pasta and 1 tsp of salt. Stirring frequently and cook according to the cooking guides on the packages or until how Italian described as al dente.
7. Drain the cooked pasta thoroughly by shaking excess water through a colander.
8. Pour the cooked pasta in a large bowl, add the sausage, onions, capers, home-made tomato sauce, and oregano. Mix well. If you find the tomato sauce is a bit too thick, add a few teaspoons of red wine to adjust the thickness.
9. Cook the pasta in oven for 12 minutes.
10. Remove the pasta from oven and serve immediately.
1. You can substitute conchiglioni ragati with other pasta, such as: spaghetti, penne, linguini, angle hair, farfalle, etc.
2. Doesn’t matter if you use German sausage, English sausage or even those hot-dog sausages, as long as you like them.
3. When sautéing the onion, be careful NOT to burn them by stirring constantly.
4. For every pound (454g) of pasta, use at least 8 cups of water and 2 tsp of salt.