~ Recipe 食譜~
Ingredients (2 main dish servings):
550g Ripe tomatoes
50g onion, very finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
60g Tomato paste
3 tsp Tomato puree
Fresh herbs, coarsely chopped / dried herbs (i.e. basil, parsley, etc)
2 Dried bay leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
1. Score an “X” on the base of each tomato.
2. Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 10 seconds, take out and drain. Then peel the skin.
3. Cut the tomatoes in quarters, use small spoon to remove the seeds, then finely chopped.
4. Squeeze tomatoes through sieve into bowl.
5. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low heat, add garlic, sauté until aroma begin to rise.
6. Add onion and cook for 10 minutes, until very tender, stirring constantly.
7. Add fresh/dried herbs and bay leaves, cook for one minute.
8. Lastly add the tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato puree, increase heat to medium high, and bring the sauce to a boil.
9. Reduce heat to low, stirring occassionally, and cook until the sauce has reduced to your desired thickness.
10. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
11. Remove from heat and discard the bay leaves.
1. When sautéing the garlic and onion, be careful NOT to burn them by stirring constantly.
2. Put this home-made pasta sauces in a air-light container, and can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days.
3. To serve with pasta, just toss the cooked pasta with the sauce in a saucepan. If you find the sauce too thick, add a few teaspoons of red wine.